‘On the Air’ Roundtable Discussion Series: Privacy as a Movement
Founder and CEO
Californians for Consumer Privacy
Co-founder & CEO
Privacy as a Movement: A Conversation on Privacy Shield, GDPR, and CCPA
- Justin Antonipillai, CEO of WireWheel
- Julie Brill, Corporate VP, Deputy General Counsel, Microsoft
- Alastair Mactaggart, Board Chair, Californians for Consumer Privacy
- Bruno Gencarelli, Head of International Data Flows and Protection, European Commission
By design, the recently passed California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) left the door open for interpretation. Legislators gave significant leeway to the Attorney General of California to make adjustments and clarify the details. Meanwhile, companies are grappling with the uncertainty and trying to understand the legal, operational and technical ramifications of the law. And, they’ve got lots of questions.
We brought together a panel of experts on CCPA to bring greater clarity to the debate and help you plan for the future. Find out how the experts answered.
In this roundtable discussion, we asked and they answered:
- How will CCPA avoid breaking the fundamental business model of the Internet – advertising and marketing
- How will CCPA impact the type of data that companies choose to collect about consumers?
- What does CCPA consider data collection and processing activities that a consumer can’t opt-out of?
- CCPA provides an opportunity for an automatic opt-out option through third parties. What technologies are needed to make this a reality?
- When consumers ask about their data, what are the technical and cybersecurity challenges with collecting information and getting it back to them?
About WireWheel’s Roundtable Series
Each month WireWheel brings together the top experts in data privacy to discuss hot topics and trends that impact the industry. Register to access the roundtable on-demand so you can listen in whenever and wherever you like.
An Introduction by its Author and Leading Technologists
In this webinar, leading privacy experts discuss the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), a landmark piece of legislation designed to increase consumer rights over personal information.
The Ultimate Guide to California’s Data Privacy Law
This eBook offers a comprehensive overview of CCPA — the core components of the law, the key differences between CCPA and GDPR, as well as the key steps you should take to get started and ensure you have the agility to evolve as the law changes.