08 Nov Content Marketing Manager
WireWheel is looking to add a content marketing manager to its growing marketing team. We are looking for a professional copywriter who is passionate about storytelling and crafting compelling pieces of content. The Senior Copywriter will coordinate directly with internal and external thought leaders and influencers to create content that drives brand engagement and supports strategic go-to-market initiatives.
This role will require strong writing and editorial skills, project management experience, a high degree of collaboration, and a willingness to help staff improve their copywriting abilities. The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of content marketing and will have direct experience creating content for blogs, eBooks, websites, email, paid search, social, and other digital channels. This position will report directly to the Sr. Director of Marketing.
This is an opportunity for someone to help build a content marketing program from infancy, to support demand generation and awareness for a company that has a strong and provocative position in a market that is craving educational content.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, and deliver sales and customer retention
- Collaborate across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the needs of the overall marketing plan
- Develop a functional content calendar including sourcing content from internal and external SMEs and managing owners
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Working hand-in-hand with the digital and web team, contribute to the overall success of the companies SEO strategy
- Conduct periodic competitive audits
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting channels including email, social channels, etc. This person must understand the basic best practices of the main channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
What You Bring to WireWheel
- A background in privacy, compliance or data security would be a major advantage
- A ‘quick study’ – you’re able to ramp up quickly on a new subject area and produce or edit content capable of engaging key personas
- Experience creating online content and growing an audience
- The ability to think like an educator/editor, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- Experience in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience. It is critical to have an “outsider’s perspective” much like that of a journalist
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
- Social DNA a plus!
- Great people skills
- Expertise in major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. Degree or MBA in marketing a plus.
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), marketing automation platforms (preferably Marketo) and social media marketing applications (preferably HootSuite), etc. a plus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com